Additional Course Requests
*Additional signatures may be required to complete the request process. The request form is in the counseling center and should be turned in with your Course Request Sign-Off Sheet.
- Class Audit: Teacher signature required. Class will be taken for no credit but the student is required to participate in all work.
- Department or Office Assistant: Teacher signature required. TA/OA is for seniors only; must have a 3.0 GPA to qualify to be a TA/OA.
- Dual Credit taken at Heartland or ISU: Department chair signature is required. An additional form is required by Heartland Community College and Illinois State University. The Heartland DC form needs to be signed by the counseling department and then taken to Heartland for enrollment. The completed ISU DE form needs to be returned to the counseling center. ISU will be in contact with those interested in ISU DC upon completion of the form.
- Grade Improvement: The original grade must have been a D or F to qualify for grade improvement. The new grade will replace the old grade on the transcript.
- Illinois Virtual School: Online courses available to U-High students. Department chair signature is needed. Cost $225 per semester. Courses selected must be from outside the curriculum taught at U-High.
- Pass/Fail: Teacher signature required. Class is taken for a Pass/Fail instead of a grade for the semester requested. A Pass will count for credit but is not figured into the GPA of the student. If an F is achieved, the grade will figure into the GPA of the student.
- Physical Education Waiver: For juniors and seniors only. A U-High class will replace PE for the semester of an IHSA sport. If choosing academic overload, students must be enrolled in 3 AP classes.